Reserving Picnic Tables for Parties at the Beach:
If you plan to host an event at the beach (birthday party, luncheon, or other organized event), we require a reservation to ensure adequate space remains for members.
Please note the following:
- There is no fee to reserve table(s), assuming below conditions are met.
- Reservations may include up to 25 guests (not including paid beach members). Larger parties are not permitted at this time.
- Up to 2 picnic tables may be reserved per event, for a maximum of 3 hours.
- Party guests (excluding any paid PLEBA members) must park in the street. This ensures that paid members have priority access to our small parking lot.
- Make sure your guests know there are no lifeguards on duty; all swimming is at-your-own-risk. We encourage the use of life-jackets or puddle-jumpers for younger swimmers! Please ensure parents supervise children carefully!
- Please review & share the Beach Rules with your guests
- Reservations are only taken during the summer season – Memorial Day through Labor Day and may end before Labor Day if we do not have staff coverage in the last couple weeks of summer. If your party falls outside of this timeframe, then tables are first-come, first-served.
- Please do not invite a large group of guests unless you have a table reservation.
- Small numbers of guests are always permitted and do not require a reservation. Unreserved tables are first-come, first served, and we ask that you do not block off tables for a long period of time unless you have a formal reservation.
- To request a table reservation, please email email@example.com and provide the following info:
- Date and time requested (include possible alternates if flexible)
- Host name (must be member in good standing)
- Host address
- # of tables requested (1 or 2)
- # of guests expected (<=25)
- Please confirm you will alert guests to park in the street for the event
Please note that our Beach Manager only replies to emails while on duty, so there may be a few days delay in getting back to you. Reservations will be processed in the order received.