Beach Team Member – 2021 Season
Pay rate: $11-12/hour
Beach Team Members have the crucial role of keeping our grounds clean, checking in members, and ensuring basic safety rules are followed. Specific duties include:
- Clean & Maintain the Beach Grounds (top priority task)
- Rake sand, scoop waterfowl droppings, clean swim platforms and ropes, stack chairs, sweep steps, empty garbage, etc.
- Greet and check-in members upon arrival
- There can be a lot of downtime on slow days. Reading or listening to music is acceptable, as long as your focus can be quickly redirected when needed
- General Rule Enforcement
- Must be willing to approach members as needed to ensure basic rules are followed
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a friendly, approachable personality. You’ll be the face of our beach, and we want you to get to know our members!
- Must be able to use a kayak/rowboat to get out to swim rafts and ropes. Strong swimmer preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal oversight
Typical shifts are: 10am-4pm (opening shift), and 4pm-dusk (closing shift). Shift times may be somewhat flexible depending on staff availability.